Friday, July 23, 2010

The Strange and The Misty...

Listening to: Skillet, "Comatose"

So I look outside tonight, and up in the sky is...the moon!! It looks pretty tonight, even though it looks blurry and misty, because of the little clouds. But I love the moon, and on Sunday, at 7:37 pm in Colorado there will be the Full Moon! How fun.

I have a fascination with the moon, but only because I like the fact that it has the gravitational power to control our bodies of water. So it makes me wonder, since the majority of human bodies are water, does that mean it has some kind of influence on us too? Is the water in us pushed and pulled, full of waves and tides, controlled by the pretty moon circling the Earth?  When I think of things like this, it only serves to get me started on the astrology and horoscope stuff.  If the moon (maybe) could influence us, can the stars, planets, and all that other astrological stuff do the same?

I don't put much faith in my horoscope, even though I read mine everyday. Blame curiosity, I guess.  It is strange, though, how precise and fitting the description of a Virgo matches my own personality.  I think I first read a Virgo personality description some time in middle school, when my tendencies and habits were already set in stone, so to speak. It shocked me how the adjectives in that summary echoed some of the adjectives used to describe me by family and friends. I don't think I tried to deliberately fit those descripitions in a self-fulfilling prophesy, because like I mentioned, my personality was pretty much already formed. But it was eerie.

So, does my personal experience mean that indeed horoscopes and astrology are valid and influental?
Phssh, who knows?? =}

Anyway, more later.
Rawr...=}

No comments:

Post a Comment